PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2014, 21:11
kirungi1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, this actually suits EK's image to recruit young, attractive and enthusiastic crew rather than having some grumpy and miserable 50-55 year old waddling up the narrow isles in her size 18 skirt!
Harry, we have consensus across the range in #152 except for that quote ^^

BA loves old age, in actual fact, call it "good age" for a number of reasons other than old being golden. Besides discrimination, why wouldn't I select a candidate for a role who has a beaming passion and desire to contribute to the success of the company just because they are of a certain age? Should I offer a contract to a model who is looking to buy time till that modelling contract arrives and they are off?
I think those "young, attractive and enthusiastic crew" bring form but not class but if you are looking for something that stands the test of time especially with modern age variables of competition then you don't have to build castles on the sand.
For generations that "grumpy and miserable 50-55 year old waddling up the narrow isles in her size 18 skirt!" crew has consistently met customer expectations especially on safety. Wouldn't that be quality?

Last edited by kirungi1; 13th Jul 2014 at 22:30.