PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality of newbies
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2014, 19:42
50 50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another train of thought.

Perhaps these newbies, like myself, were told that they were doing an exceptional job by their very inexperienced instructors, who were only parroting the crap from their twit of a chief pilot.

"Get them in, rebook them, give them a different instructor every day, it doesn't matter as long as they keep paying."

It's not their fault, each person is only equipped with the knowledge they have been taught, and paid to be taught I might add. Unfortunately there are still some schools that care only about the bottom line, and not the product they are churning out.

"Offer them instructing work, use them for as long as they will put up with not being paid, and then replace them."

This is not the formulae for training quality, competent pilots. One may have 1000 hours, but it is 1000 hours of regurgitating the same crap you were taught by said twit. It's not your fault either, you are being told you're doing the right thing, and you've never flown anywhere else so what would you know?

I can't offer a solution. I got my CPL and then went elsewhere to learn how to really fly properly. It's a bloody expensive lesson to learn. But who out there has never been ripped off or not gotten what they have paid for?

Probably none of us. As the saying goes, that's aviation.