PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin A330
Thread: Virgin A330
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2014, 01:47
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Think you need to take a long term view.

If you asked a VB pilot say 4 years ago they would say that flying the 737 was getting a bit old and boring, but no one contemplated a wide body operation, other than those that realised that the organisation had, at some point, make the next obvious step and move into domestic wide body ops.

Same applies to the current 330 operation, I don't believe that the 330 will do Perth only forever. Personally I think it could go either way, the economics could mean that it is removed and the airline shrinks back to an all narrow body domestic fleet, after all there is a big jump in costs with a wide body, or it could gradually expand to other ports - both domestic and regional international (Singapore, China, Japan or anywhere within about 8-10 hrs of oz.

About the only thing I reckon I can count on is that things will not stay the same forever...

So that all said, the 330 operation is a good one to work on, the machine is nice, plenty of room, quiet flight deck and apart from the occasional red eye the flying is quite good.

Certainly beats working for a living!