PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Very British Airline?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2014, 23:38
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kirungi1

And you point is......?

Not sure what the waggling finger is for as there's nothing in my post that's unrelated to what's on Wiki. Without wishing to sound condescending, be careful with information garnered via the internet. Anyone can submit 'facts' on the electronic super highway without any validation whatsoever. Wiki is notorious for inaccuracy.

Finding out that your yearly salary as new BA cabin crew is almost as much as one return First class fare to LA hardly speaks volumes for the remuneration from you're own Company. Our 'low paid' cabin crew take home around 25% more per month than a BA starter after tax......and they have free accommodation and transport. I wonder what low cost model BA must be using!

Mr Solo

Let's not even go there regarding previous BA advantages. British Eagle, B.Cal, LAKER, all steamrolled by the mighty BA, Virgin dirty tricks, buying Dan Air for a pound then firing pilots out of seniority. I'm sure there's more. I'd also disagree with your comment that concorde was the only profitability blip in BA! Maybe you should have a quick look back at some yearly reports.

Aside from all that, as a brit myself I'm glad that the Company is doing well. It creates many indirect jobs and is still, regardless of what Branson claims, the national flag carrier. For the sake of its many employees and for the UK in general, having the airline get back to where it was 20 years ago is heartening.

I wish you well even though you're competition!

Harry