PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years on .. gatherings ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2014, 23:20
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is indeed a shame that every year we see this very sad event get dredged up again, I guess human nature means, for some, that the past is ever present. I was on the cusp of going places in aviation when this event struck but was smart enough not to leave my current job (not flying). I can't imagine what it was like for those effected & I don't pretend to understand but harboring something as hostile & tragic as that almost shameful event in Australia's industrial relations history right or wrong doesn't achieve a thing other than self hurt.
There's been many events over the years not only in Aviation that we as a nation are not proud of but we learn from it (like we do in everything in life) & we move on to foster a better place for the generations to come

Am somewhat surprised that this thread hasn't been locked already but I guess the Mods are being tolerant (for a change!)

"60's" yr correct there pilots of almost any age can (if all the holes are lined up) get into an Airline well after 28 yrs of age or so, I'm the perfect Eg:-)

Wmk2