PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windowless Cockpit Patent
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2014, 20:36
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would never want to say that the human capacity for coming up with imaginative ideas or concepts must, at some point, come to an end. Everyone recognizes that without such capacities most of us would likely be living on the Euro-Asian land mass, "sea-going" ships would have been limited to being "seen" in a bottle, taking a trip to the bottom of the ocean would still remain in nightmares, observing balloons floating into the air would remain the purview of kids capturing their own “hot air” for “party-time,” we’d still be wondering about that big orb in the sky at night, and on and on and on. BUT, at the same time, there are probably dozens, at the very least, of such “crazy,” “nutty,” or “weird” ideas that were never to be seen or heard of again – even after a seemingly unwarranted amount of “hoopla.”

I think that doing such things are buried in the human propensities to seek to advance beyond their current situation – and since the beginning, the cost for developing even the barest of beginnings of any such propensity, while seeming to grow exponentially in cost, the commensurate results in advancements are invariably each immeasurably smaller and smaller. However, recognizing all this doesn’t seem to dampen the curiosity or the excitement with which those who are drawn to such longings virtually leap into the next step in their “nutty" or "weird” search for “newer” and “better.” Some such goals, perhaps most, are likely to fail … but, inevitably, at least some, are likely to succeed – and I, for one, cannot predict which category any of these “really out there” ideas are likely to fall. But, who would have ever guessed that putting a full-scale "night club" in a highly modified "trailer" of the "over-the-road," long distance tractor/trailer big-rigs, that are now often seen on US highways, the apparently ever increasing "rage" among the younger rich, would ever see the success that their current frequency would indicate? That's probably where the TV Series gets the name ... "Weird, Strange, True!"

At the moment (and I stress, at the moment), I cannot imagine passengers being willing to fly on "pilotless" airplanes - nor can I imagine flight crews flocking to "pilot" airliners from their secure and windowless environment in the forward portion of the aft cargo bin - regardless of the number of back-up systems or electrical busses. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Certainly, not me.

Last edited by AirRabbit; 12th Jul 2014 at 20:47.