PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vale Graham White
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2014, 11:07
Terry the chippy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My memories of Graham

Back in 1964 Graham and I started an apprenticeship on the NSWGR as it was known then, as Carriage Builders, we used to travel together to Everliegh Carriage Works near Redfern, when we didn't catch the train Graham would pick me up in his Veedub and drive us to work! Wow even back then he was doing 'low flying' even if it meant mounting the foot path to get through the traffic. No wonder I'm bald. At times my little brother Barry would come for the ride as he was doing an apprenticeship as an Upholster with Railway then and he used to love the ' White knuckle ride' that Graham gave us on the way, Graham was a legend then.
At times I would accompany Graham to Hoxton Park Airport and join him when he was getting his ' hours up' doing circuits around and around doing landings and take offs ( not sure of the technical terms as I'm a chippy) at least it helped him meet the cost a bit. Graham seemed to be always studying stuff to do with flying, he thrived on it, he was very dedicated to what ever he put his mind to.
We kept in touch for many years and I met his wife when they were living in Springwood then we lost touch for many years but I always was thinking of him and his family. Graham's Mum and Dad used to stay directly across the road from my brother Barry in East Blaxland on Rickard Road, they were lovely folk.
May Graham rest in peace, gone but not forgotten.