PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 Blade - What to do??
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2014, 09:27
Hughes500

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
Rocket 2
Blades can either be repaired or not, in my ( not my blades but a customers )case both companies have oem approval to repair. It is about time that both FAA and EASA get to grips with the quality of what oem's put out basically it is ****
EG Erosion strips, they use the wrong bonding agent.
Paint the matt black paint used on blades is porous so your blades start corroding under the paint !
Blades are not balanced and weighed set of blades came back from a certain repair station allegedly static balanced, we weighed them they were 248 grams difference which is more weight than an engineer is allowed to put on to a head to balance.
Blade chord balance, one oem supplier admitted they didn't bother, try tracking blades when the chord balance varies by so much it causes one blade to nose up 30mm from balance compared to another that noses down by 9 mm and that is on the same set with consecutive serial numbers.

I have every sympathy as oem's and repair stations ( I have loads of other examples if you are interested including mor's that the authorities care to do nothing about either ) don't have a clue or are trying to rip owners off