PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years on .. gatherings ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2014, 09:24
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts
Yes, please post details of any gathering in Sydney. I will be pleased to meet those ignorant, self-centred, greedy so-and-sos who pushed and shoved and bullied their way back into GA to claim the crumbs available there from the hungry CPLs. All while insisting that "no one steal their jobs."
At the time I was just about to start my first full time flying job, doing bank runs and night freight in 402`s but needed a bit of extra checking out.

A `resignee`FO from Ansett took my place. I was mad as hell at the time, let my AFAP membership lapse,but I got over it. I eventually found a flying job elsewhere.

`Bad things happen in life. You get over it and move on. You forgive those who did bad things to you because if you start hating and continue to hate, your hate will eventually consume and destroy you.`

The above paragraph is not mine. It came from my Grand Uncle Vin, a deeply Religious man (Lutheran) who was captured at the fall of Singapore, went through the horror of the Burma Railway and survived, but after the war, forgave his captors.

If he could do that after what he suffered........

He lived to a grand old age, and I miss his wise counsel!