PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simulator Training for strong crosswind landings
Old 12th Jul 2014, 03:47
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mnttech -

As you probably know, the definitions section of Part 60 contains the following:
FSTD Directive — a document issued by the FAA to an FSTD sponsor requiring a modification to the FSTD due to a safety-of-flight issue and amending the qualification basis for the FSTD.

Perhaps one of the key words used in this definition is the word “requiring” – which certainly carries a note of imposing some thing on some one (individually or corporately) and, apparently, doing so “by right and authority,” as that is generally and, I believe, legally, the understood application of that term. Additionally, it has been, and continues to be, my personal impression that the FAA (or any other regulatory authority for that matter) would not be allowed (either by statute or internal standards) to impose new regulatory requirements, or change existing requirements, without providing the public an opportunity to comment on, even question, the proposal.

Of course I wouldn't have any first-hand knowledge, but I could easily believe that claiming to be a “friend of Dr. C” might sound like the comment one might offer through the peep hole provided in an overweight and demonstrably thick wooden door, located at the end of a darkened backstreet alley, when one desires admission to a mysterious establishment in order to engage in some likely illicit and/or potentially compromising business or activity. I, for one, wouldn’t necessarily go around uttering that statement, even whispering it.

Last edited by AirRabbit; 12th Jul 2014 at 21:54.