PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have you lost your aircraft recently?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2014, 22:18
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leafie,

You are a reasonable bloke, and I know you know a bit about such a trip , but trust me mate, the ferry pilot is not a dill, and knows a thing or two about flying turbines across water. As you well know….he spent most of his carer flying fighters off aircraft carriers, active duty and returning or diverting due fuel range. You know this too.

Your assertion above is bordering on libellous and I think it warrants retracting. I was in contact with the ferry pilot at the time, he told me of the winds problem while sitting in CA waiting to go. In the end he just said bugger it I can go the long way. So he did.

The fact of the matter is the end customer turns out to be of interest to the police and is possibly the one arrested.

This has nothing to do with the ferry pilot, who is as honest and upstanding as they come. He may have been too trusting in the quality of his client, but that is not a crime. In fact I bet we have all trusted someone who turned out to be a dodgy crooked businessman or a criminal. I have experienced both and they are hard to pick at first.