PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2014, 21:16
Balair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmi regional

Are to introduce an additional BRU rotation 13.15/16.10 from 3/9/14.

The flights will only operate on Wednesdays and Thursdays, which seems to be an odd choice to me, as I would have thought the start and end of the working week would be a better option; I can only assume the extra flights are to open-up more destinations/better connectivity through their code share with Brussels Airlines?

Talking of which, the airport's management are still showing their total ineptitude by their failure to support bmi regional in promoting the onward connectivity offered by the new code share agreement.

Despite issuing a press release on 14/4 declaring "the new partnership with Brussels Airlines opens up a global network to East Midlands travellers" try finding any current mention of the fact, or try an "onward connections" search - zilch...! They can't even manage to list the Brussels Airlines flight numbers on the departures/arrivals boards.
The airport website still has an ad for Air France and "onward connections through CDG" - and until a few weeks ago it even still listed their flights f/t EMA, which finished when...?

With the lack of business routes and onward connectivity from EMA being so poor, FRA and CDG having been lost and the AMS schedule virtually useless, you would have thought a little effort may have been given to try to retain and develop the BRU route?

But wait a minute, we are talking about MAG here aren't we, and reading comments about their other airports, the above should come as no surprise!

Rant over -I'm going to bed!

Balair

Last edited by Balair; 10th Jul 2014 at 21:58.