PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2014, 20:17
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pick a winner.

In the Sandilands - Plane Talking – article – Ben cites "examples of such offences include":

1) Refusing without reasonable excuse to answer a question;

2) Giving false or misleading evidence;

3) Failing to attend or to produce documents when required to do so;

4) Intimidation of a witness;

5) Adverse treatment of a witness;

6) Wilfully disturbing a committee while it is meeting.

I know of three industry guys under the CASA spotlight, but I'm not betting the house boat that Xenophon is even aware of their existence – as yet. Based on the scant information and looking at the list above, if I were to have a flutter I'd take a trifecta on items 2 and 3, the hard choice would be the stable, both ATSB and CASA publicly indulged their arrogance and contempt for the Senate proceedings, although the ATSB chose to wriggle and slither around the 'law', CASA simply believed themselves – above it.

The pick of the outside chances is from the Quadrio stable – perhaps the intimidation by CASA of their own witness has come to the attention of the Senate; another dark horse is the threat made to some mutt who wanted to meet with the Bored, the response to that also qualifies; also in the running is the Repcon leak and subsequent intimidation of the submitter. Plenty of choices.

So, money where mouth is – Items 2 & 3 – CASA in the box. An off tote (SP) bet on Whistle blower to cover the outlay.

Toot toot ._.
ProAviation has been told that the Dr Hawke wrote to one industry association refuting its submission to the ASRR, and that the organisation rejected what it believed to be “bullying” on his part and brought the matter to Minister Truss’s attention.

Last edited by Kharon; 10th Jul 2014 at 21:05. Reason: more options than the Melbourne Cup...Hard to pick..