PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heightened security at U.S airports (and overseas?)
Old 10th Jul 2014, 20:01
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOT'S NEW?!

A couple of years ago l was transitting through London with Max Ldg Wt suitcase, and thought l'd park it at Kings Cross station for a few hours.

Case duly X-rayed and Left Luggage bod spotted my ancient Dell laptop buried in the case. I assured him it was MY laptop, and that it was switched off.

He then insisted l unlock said case and switch on the laptop to prove it was what l said. My little disguised fury at this intrusion into my dirty shreddies plus the sheer inconvenience plus the exorbitant cost should l pass the terrorist test, caused me to storm off and burn some more calories towing the damn thing around til train time arrived, which l subsequently boarded with my "bomb" unscreened ! ! !

So the "switch it on to prove its identity" fad is not new, it's just that the TSA/Transec dorks are looking the other way, at the Caucasian grandmother with her brood of grandchildren, giving them grief at "security", whilst our wild-eyed hairy-faced fundamentalist friends are checking in the most enormous suitcases in their name, to be accompanied to heaven as that piece of baggage goes off at a pre-determined time over the ocean or major city.

Also, the miles of relatively weak chainlink fencing around the runways remains relatively unprotected as the Stasi give grief to hard-working aircrew with tweezers and contact lens solution and a bite of lunch.

"Good news; the inmates are running the asylum, bad news; they've got the keys to the pharmacy!"

Whilst everyones eyes are focussed on the passenger screening stage centre, WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE WINGS OF THE THEATRE???

Think back to the recent Brussels diamond heist and try sleeping easy in your beds!!!