PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOI into the 2012 Tornado Collision over the Moray Firth
Old 10th Jul 2014, 18:21
Easy Street

Received 78 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by tucumseh
Was it tolerable and ALARP during the 16 years the Requirement was, apparently, frozen through lack of action? You are compartmentalising the risks to the present day and current initiative to resurrect this old abandoned requirement
I've deliberately compartmentalised my arguments to the present day because the subject of my posts has been limited to the continued operation of the aircraft while integration and installation of the current incarnation of CWS is completed. I have not addressed the question of whether the risk was tolerable and ALARP from 1996-2012; indeed your evidence strongly suggests that it wasn't. As I've made clear, though, I consider it to have been tolerable and ALARP since the decision to reinstate the CWS programme. Whether or not the risk was ALARP during the 2000s is not relevant to its status today, given that we can't turn back the clock and retro-fit the system. The current duty holders can only play the cards they've been dealt.