PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still flying after Ansett - Vol 3 - if allowed.
Old 7th May 2003, 18:48
Andu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, “OhBehave”, what you’re really saying is that “Wiley’s” account is pretty accurate but his conclusions don’t fit in with the way you’d prefer to remember them? (“The facts regarding 89 are not really in dispute so much as the personal opinions regarding the actions taken all those years ago. These can not effectively be debated. My opinion is this - yours is that. 14 years later most people have re-constructed a picture in their mind that fits comfortably with how they acted.”)

“PermFO” threw down the gauntletat the end of page 3 and “Wiley” answered it. However, as “410” said on page 3, while his answer might educate some newcomers who are reading this, it won’t change any opinions of those who were actually involved. Both sides have dug their respective trenches and I can’t either ever coming out into “no man’s land” until both sides feel they are confronted by a greater common enemy (which I suspect was the rather quixotic point “East West Loco” was trying to make).

However, even if that hypothetical situation ever was to arise, I can’t for the life of me see how the majority who stayed out in 89 could ever bring themselves to trust the minority who (as they see it) ratted on them then. I know I couldn’t.

Last edited by Andu; 8th May 2003 at 13:47.