PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BNE closed, airport incursion of some type.
Old 10th Jul 2014, 08:21
david1300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We were on SQ245, and all credit to the captain and crew It can't be easy trying to get the 'best fit' outcome that causes the least inconvenience to passengers, crew and the airline itself (it can't be cheap diverting to OOL twice and taking on more fuel each time - I am sure the flight deck weren't having fun talking to BNE, HO in Singapore, and juggling alternative options). The crew remained friendly and helpful, even when they ran out of peanuts/snacks/melting ice cream to feed the frustrated masses. I'm very glad it was a good weather night, or we probably would have ended up in Sydney, I guess.

Not being at the airport, nor knowing details of the airport operations, I won't comment on that - just all credit to Singapore Airlines, specially when we had the bad luck of leaving the holding pattern at BNE when being #1 in priority to land, diverting to OOl for the 2nd time for fuel. BNE opened minutes later, but we were already 'back in the queue' at OOL waiting for a gate and fuel.

Also, credit to the Immigration and Customs staff at BNE. When we came through around 2:30 am they were doing their best to be efficient and courteous.