PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2014, 00:00
lvflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the cross wind. We were getting severe cross wind gusts in flight so the tail was swishing for sure. Every time we would get a big gust the wind came through the passenger door and applied pressure to the pilot door and pop wide open. Also the cross wind gusts were going right into the oil cooler outlet preventing the outward flow of air and the oil temp spiked. I had to crab out of the direction fo the gusts. It was a particularly lousy day.

I cleaned the rotor mast area and discovered the stain was actually cast off from the feathering nut and pin. I cleaned those up as much as I could and gave them a good coat of LPS2. I'll keep an eye on it from now on.

I think the rigging on the belt drive system is going to help a lot. The belt was not able to be disengaged fully, but there was still slack. Cleaning it up is going to help too now that I can get to it. I was told to spray it down with mineral spirits on everything in the engine compartment and drive belt area and let it dry. Any comments?