PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Sacking Tarmac Engineers
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2014, 23:06
ohallen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transparency is important to you guys but at the end of the day it is the Execs sandpit and they get to choose who plays, so what may have been a better process for everyone was decisions and fast implementation and let everyone get one with their lives. Consultation processes on numbers are important but suggest they may actually make the process harder for the individuals because they leave an unanswered question...why me.

I have been made redundant from another industry and sure anger plays a part, but at the end of the day it is how you respond that defines your life. Once you get past the financial issues there are heaps of opportunities that you have to create yourself. In my case I decided what I was passionate about (and it wasn't corporate life after all) and just went for it, went back to Uni and found a way for volunteer stuff using my skills. Now working for much less $$$$ but love every day, spend more time with my kids and making a difference to others.

The future may not be clear now to some of you, but it is really important to decide what is good for you. Going to work in a toxic environment with a bunch of asshole Execs who don't give a rats may give you $$$ but not much self worth, sometimes you just have to have faith in karma.

Good luck everyone.