PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed!
Thread: Advice needed!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2014, 21:13
Mach Jump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Shiney

First, do you have the 'lifetime' CAA licence, or the '5 year' JAA one?

Second, do you want to fly EASA aircraft, ie. aircraft with an EASA CofA/EASA Permit to Fly, or only 'Annex2' aircraft, ie. aircraft with an old CAA CofA/Permit to Fly/ LAA Permit to Fly/Microlight?

I'm guessing you have the Lifetime CAA Licence, in which case, you only have to renew your SEP Class Rating by completing whatever refresher training an ATO/RTF requires of you and take the Proficiency Check (Flight Test) with an Examiner. You can then fly any Annex2 SEP, and any EASA SEP up to 2,000kg until 8th of April 2015, after which you will need an EASA licence to fly EASA aircraft.

If you have the JAA licence, and it is still valid, ie. not past it's 5 year expiry, then all you have to do is renew your SEP Class Rating (as above) and you are done. JAA Licenses are automaticaly deemed to be EASA Licenses. At the end of it's 5 year period it will be re-issued as a lifetime EASA licence. If the 5 year period has expired, then you can still complete the training and Proficiency Check, then apply to have your Licence re-issued as an EASA Licence, including the renewed SEP.

You're not far from me, so send me a PM if you want any help with the paperwork.

MJ

Last edited by Mach Jump; 9th Jul 2014 at 21:36.