PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2014, 16:40
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spey, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated by all the guys & girls this end who help me out by donating their talents. I can assure you, they all believe in the cause and they support the operational staff at Qantas 100%, we spent a lot of time flying with them over the years, and it's still a great airline!

BTW, We were all having a laugh the other day, we agreed unanimously that our favourite bird was the old QF744 because the Alan Joyce types hate them .. For veteran pax like us, you know what the 744 is going to do before it does it, your home... if you know what I mean..

Anyway, on a more serious note...

The equity research desk at Morgan Stanley [NYSE:MS] has just produced another market-moving stock report. The broker has downgraded the airline to ‘Underweight’ on the basis that the market has already priced in too much value from an eventual Qantas turnaround strategy.

This report follows a month of negative price action for the airline, as the market has mulled over the prospects of billion-dollar writedowns. Today’s price action is telling us that the market sees a long, hard road to recovery for Qantas.

Why the Qantas Share Price Dropped Today

my bold
I think pretty strong words from another major broker, inline with the above "Credit Suisse" report to Dow Jones regarding J* HK.

What's different this year for LC & AJ, (unlike the previous years at this time) the words out, putting more pressure on AJ & LC and the board to own up. Will they? I think we all know the answer to that.. and probably a good time for us all to be reminded of what was said back in February at the half yearly...

I guess LC & AJ will be brushing up their dance routine for the "Canberra stage show" in the coming weeks, just before the full year results get announced of course... it's in the rules...

Alan and Leigh - Glad I Got You Babe - YouTube

for those who haven't seen it