PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL-3
Thread: LIVERPOOL-3
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2014, 12:40
chris789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's hope nobody tells Daily Mail readers that there is a new route from Romania to the UK!

I wouldn't be surprised if Wizzair starts in competition to drive them off the route, or even Ryanair at an outside chance. I hope not, as I think diversity is what LPL needs now.

What are the other carriers/routes you think LPL should be targeting at the moment?
- Vueling? I think there is higher chance that they pick MAN, as they do prefer larger airports, but they serve Cardiff and Liverpool has to be a bigger markets than that.
- Aer Lingus/Regional? I know they have tried before and are up against Ryanair, but surely there must be demand for a connecting airline with flights to the US (with immigration pre clearance at Dublin)
- Norwegian? Perhaps an Oslo route would make more sense than their short lived CPH route. If Ryanair can make Rygge work, then surely a better placed airport would be attractive
- Air Transat? AC Rouge? I think a summer service to Toronto would be a decent seller. If BFS can sustain Canada flights, then I believe there may be a market for both LPL and MAN flights.
- WOW Air? Given the large EZY announcement for new regional routes to KEF left LPL out, perhaps WOW could offer the route as a way of getting in on the North West action without going head to head with Icelandair and EZY at MAN

I would love to see a network carrier link LPL to the world, but to be honest, if KLM couldn't make LPL work, I just can't see Air France or Lufthansa starting flights.

Thoughts?