PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Staff Travel - who is eligible?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2014, 09:46
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and how much do the potential 160 total of "Travel Companions" free-loaders contribute ?
There's no such thing as a 'Travel Companion', only nominees, who may be the staff members spouse, or children, or parents, or other such free-loaders.

Your answer is exactly that of BA management and staff towards the retired, i.e. You're Alright, Jack, (the HYPPO priniple - Here's Your Pension, P**s Off ) and of course you'll never retire, will you, so why should you even give it thought ?
One might suggest that your attitude is typical of some of the more militant retirees, still trying to extract goodies from the company decades after you've left. I'll have a guess that you retired at 55, which means you've had 20+ years outside the company now. I'll be lucky to be in a fit state to travel 20 years after I get to retire!

Don't worry, you'll never come across me on any BA service as a, now, full fare passenger denying you a Standby seat, my hard earned pension ( set on early 80's rates of pay, just in case you ask ) will go to keep other airlines in business.
So where's the problem? Just by full fare tickets for your important travel like so many BA staff do. We don't fly to New Zealand anyway.

VC - I regularly see people with a 2014 DoJ ahead of me, but a quick look at the priority codes on the company intranet will tell you why they are ahead of you.