PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2014, 22:56
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once a muppet always a muppet.

While we continue to wait for the miniscule to blink on the Forsyth report it should not be forgotten that Fort Fumble’s now feeble (and much poorer) sister is in much need of reform and (much like FF) a re-establishment of IOS trust...

If the rumour be true on bean counter Beaker??

If the miniscule is not prepared to extract his hand out of the Beaker muppet, I’m with “K” let’s save the dosh and completely disband the ATsB (at least for the aviation section of their remit).

Even as a media spokesman Beaker cannot hide his true colours (BASR philosophy) and it appears that the international community is catching on. Quote from a recent article published by the Malaysia Chronicle titled - MH370: Why have searchers refused to check out UNIDENTIFIED WRECK spotted in Bay of Bengal?:

“…The main reason for ignoring the location is the Australian Transport and Safety Bureau (ATSB) Chairman Martin Dolan making a statement that GeoResonance methodology cannot do what we claim. This is without ever having anyone contacting GeoResonance for a technical presentation. This slanderous and ignorant statement by a senior public servant is unfathomable when GeoResonance regularly produces accurate results for commercial clients around the globe…”
If the ATsB is to regain a fraction of its once enviable reputation the muppet simply has to go. Perhaps, as “K” says, this will inevitably be left to the Senate to hammer home, because I have no doubt that Senator X & Fawcett will not entertain the idea of Beaker remaining in the position.

From Nick’s adjournment speech 04 March ’14…

“…The committee was so concerned with Mr Dolan's comments on this front that it stated in its report:

Mr Dolan's evidence in this regard is questionable and has seriously eroded his standing as a witness before the committee.

This is an incredibly strong statement in regard to a senior public servant. I do not understand how Mr Dolan's position in the ATSB is tenable. And yet, neither the previous government nor the current government has formally responded to the committee's report—but I understand it is coming shortly
…”

Nick then goes on to mention the TSBC peer review, the report of which is now long overdue :
“…However, it emerged in Senate estimates just last week that the Canadian TSB have only reviewed the investigation on the documents. They have not interviewed the individuals involved in the incident and those individuals who provided extensive evidence, such as Mr Quinn and Mr Aherne, even though those individuals are very critical of the ATSB's processes. As I understand it, they have not spoken to members of the Senate committee or even to CASA.
Given the many issues regarding oversight and transparency that were raised in the committee report, this is incredibly concerning. It is hard to understand how the Canadian TSB can produce a useful or meaningful view without digging further than the surface documents. This should not be a tick and flick exercise…”

IMO even if the TSBC report (when it finally arrives) is slightly favourable to the ATsBeaker regime, the muppet is still a muppet and should be returned to the toy box from which he came.

The miniscule needs to realise that there is much more than the reputation of the ATsB riding on this; & if mishandled by playing petty politics, the whole reputation of Australia as an original signatory to ICAO could be put at jeopardy, not to mention it could see his Dept Head Red with his head on a stick.

From Red’s blurb (foreword) in the State Safety Program (Annex 19): Foreword
“…Australia supports the efforts of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) to establish Safety Programs for member States to better ensure effective integration of aviation safety standards and practices. This builds on the approach endorsed by ICAO to have air transport operators, airports, air navigation and maintenance service providers and other critical aviation operations establish comprehensive safety management systems to guide the management of the range of activities involved in ensuring safety…”
Besides a ‘Just Culture’ philosophy (which requires industry trust with CAsA & the ATsB), what is integral to a successful SSP (Annex 19) is for the State to have a fully independent Aviation Accident Investigation organisation. Under the annex the State (miniscule and his Dept i.e. ‘Red’) must insure that the ATsB is sufficiently funded to meet its obligations under Annex 13 and (Annex 19 Attachment A para 1.3)…

“…In the operation of the SSP, the State maintains the independence of the accident and incident investigation organization from other State aviation organizations…”

I would argue that until such time as the recommendations of the AAI inquiry report are adequately addressed and Beaker is replaced, that Red & the miniscule are putting at severe risk our compliance with ICAO and Annex 19.

TICK…TOCK miniscule and FFS get on with it mate!

MTF..

Last edited by Sarcs; 9th Jul 2014 at 00:42.