PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2014, 17:16
Danny42C

Wing Commander "Mike" Warren.

GrimReaper71,

Let me be the first to welcome you aboard this best of all Threads (as it is in our estimation, at least !), and to express my admiration for the work done by your organisation "Project Propeller", which must have given, and is still giving no end of pleasure to many old-timers.

I've several times in the course of my Posts mooted the possibility of securing new members from your grateful beneficiaries for this "Gaining a RAF Pilot's Brevet in WWII" Thread, for last year it seemed that the line was destined to end with me. Happily, two more have recently surfaced, but in the nature of things there cannot be many more to come, and we need all the help we can get !

Now to the matter at hand. There must be many others who are deeply suspicious of this story. There have been very successful hoaxes of this kind in the past. Btw, could you let me have the name (on open Post, so we can all have a look) on that other Forum which you mention as taking an interest in this puzzle ?

As you say, the age is the essence of the problem, for if it be correct as stated by BBC Tees, then things simply don't add up. Take his reported claim that he "trained with Gibson". Gibson was born in 1918, he'd be 96 (next month) had he lived, that can't be right !

Regards, Danny.

Last edited by Danny42C; 8th Jul 2014 at 23:16. Reason: Grammar !