PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-16 low approach, Wadders.
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2014, 14:59
bobward

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
The point was well made earlier in the thread that some people have little in the way of common sense. If there isn't a notice saying 'Don't do this...' people think they can.

When in the day job a few years ago I got into a full and frank exchange of views with a senior person on health and safety rules, my point being that we had too many, and people therefore stopped thinking. I tried to illustrate my argument with the following example: Our cooker at home does Not have a sign saying 'do not stick your head inside when the cooker is operating'. Since it doesn't say don't do this, it must mean I can. I suspect argument this stuffed my glittering career......(*)

Anyone with a bit of sense should not stand underneath fast moving objects, yet these idiots do so. People still try to cross railway lines against Stop signals, and pay the price. It's tragic but true.

(* For pedants, career has two meanings. One is a logical well ordered path throiugh life, work etc. The second is to rush about in an unco-ordinated fashion, crashing into things..... which one best describes you?)

Finally, I have my doubts that the waddi people were 'spotters' as such. Waddington is a great place to photograph aircraft, but only from about 100 yards on either side of the landing area.