PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet robbing b*******
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2014, 13:18
Pilotinmydreams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EasyJet robbing b*******

I'm not usually one to knock Easy - they provide a product at a certain price and you get what you pay for but my latest experience with them really does take the biscuit.

I had flights booked for 5 of us, including the Mother in Law to fly to Alicante later this month. My mother in law had an accident last week and tragically blinded herself and as a result, we now can't take our trip.

I called Easy to explain and as per their T&Cs they of course can't refund our booking. I can't really gripe about that as it's clearly stated but if i'm being pernickety it would have been nice if they had shown a bit of compassion and at least allowed me to have it as a credit so we could take the flight next year when she will not be at risk of infection in her eyes.

I was told when I cancelled that I would get an email confirming the cancellation - nothing showed up. In order to claim on the insurance I need a letter stating that the flights have been cancelled so I have just called up and asked for it.... and this is what really gets my goat. Easy want £10 to send me the letter!! They are getting my full fare in their pocket and will no doubt rebook someone else in my seats and they still have the balls to ask for another £10 off of me!

I've travelled plenty of times with Easy - as I say, you get what you pay for but this I certainly did not expect. Last time I ever go anywhere near them.