PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2014, 07:45
flyingcamel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staff travel

Just a few words on the staff travel, as it's not as bad as people make out. In fact it's some of the best you can get. Sure the Flybe tickets are of limited use, unless you end up stuck in a northern base and 'visit' the south on a regular basis for family etc.

The 'other airlines' staff travel is great if you use it correctly. We have interline agreements with more or less every every major carrier which means standby tickets are available at a very reasonable price. Difficult for travelling as a family, granted, but great as a couple. The BA staff travel portal is magnificent and once set up you have no further contact with staff travel as you can do it all yourself online.

Last October half term I got return tickets to Dubai for around £200 pp on BA, Virgin and Emirates for contingency. Got on the first Emirates flight and within a week I had refunds for the rest.

It's not perfect but I think it's pretty damn good. I'd use it more if the missus wasn't a teacher. Best of luck if you're coming. You're gonna work hard!