PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2003, 08:41
Gaseous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Enstrom do go bust, what is the implication for C of A? Someone told me that if an aircraft is no longer 'supported' by the manufacturer it cannot have a C of A here in the UK. Would it have to go onto a permit to fly?.

I love my F28A, one of the ones Dennis first sold. I learnt in Robbos but prefer my F28A to an R22 for its fuel injection, safety, looks, luggage space, cheap and available secondhand parts and extra (childs) seat. Yes it is slow, underpowered and heavy but it gets me and my family around just fine and is cheap to insure, and so far reliable and cheap to run. Its performance 2 up is about the same as an R22. The 280FX is no competition to R44 and too expensive to compete with R22. If Enstrom survive they need to go upmarket to compete with the R44 or bring back a simple 2 seat updated version of the 28A as a trainer to compete with the R22.

R22 pilots who have been in my 28year old Enstrom have been without exception impressed with the way it flies.

I have read a lot of negative stuff about Enstroms on this and other sites over the years - mostly not true. It will be a shame if the company fails.