PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetgo - have they gone?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2014, 01:17
Seaeagle109

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Polaris79,

I'm not from JetGo management, or employed by them, but OK, I'll bite:

1/ You're either kidding with that question or you're very naïve about business. Do do really expect any company to give out confidential business details over an open internet forum just because you want to know how their business is, or will be, performing in the future? You'll see those details when you either join the JetGo management team or are a shareholder. If these types of details aren't provided by the JetGo management, then they'll just be speculation.

As for your other questions,

2/ Probably because that'll be where they actually started, and that's where the answer to your 3rd question will be using as a hub, and where they believe their future plans will be best served. The costs will be factored into their plans, and contrary to what was the overwhelming initial Pprune expert opinion on JetGo, they seem to have gotten their sums right so far.

3/ I'll guess Sydney to regional centers that have a mining base or new/ expanded manufacturing industries that have poor air connections to either their management, finance, suppliers and/ or workforce. Think Qld towns like Emerald, Gladstone, Roma, etc., with their proximity to mines or new/ expanded industrial manufacturing that have to connect through Brisbane, and therefore add lots of travel time/ overnights and costs for people needing to do business in those locations, and who don't want to overnight in either the country center, or Sydney, if they're coming to do business in the big smoke. The people who have speculated about Bankstown/ Morrabin/ Essendon/ Archerfield connections will, IMHO, be proved to be way off the mark, that's never going to happen for many reasons. Security costs won't be a major factor in where they serve.

4/ Look at post 47 on this thread. Nobody has called 'Bullsh*t' on those figures, I think you'll find they're either accurate or certainly within the ballpark.

Just my best guesses on your Q's 2-4.

Last edited by Seaeagle109; 8th Jul 2014 at 01:49.