PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Info for those (low-timers) seeking a job in Namibia
Old 7th Jul 2014, 20:32
El_Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey mates;

I always read this forum (3 years or plus), but this is my first post.

I'm thinking to move and try some flying time in Africa (CFI, IR, CPL 600+ hours and a few Single engine turbine time, Walter powered), the living conditions are quite similar (as I know) to a border city in the desert of my country which I lived some time and was a great place (so no problem for that, the problem is no aviation jobs there), and bush flying here is out of question.

But after make the next step, I'm now making some courses of CRM/ SMS/ Risk analysis and I did Human Factors courses all certificated by our national authorities (diplome). The big question is; worth the effort?, it can make a difference?, IMHO a pilot could be a asset to the development of the company with the right knowledge (and knowledge is less expensive than ratings) and cooperation spirit, but don't know if these courses are asked or are even desired.

Also, how much is the cost of a 210 rating at Namibia?, here isn't a rating and a CFI endorsement could cost up to 1500 USD (c210 hour cost between 200 - 400 USD).

Best Regards, and thanks.