PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Hard Landing Required to Be Reported to FAA?
Old 7th May 2003, 07:24
Memetic
Supercalifragilistic
expialidocious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hypothetical know it all

I say let the captain handle it. He has been flying for years, and will know if any action would be needed (i.e. if the aircraft needed an inspection), it is just part of his job!! One thing pilots dislike is know it all passengers, you are so far out of the loop (especially with the drinks they serve you) down the back you really can not tell what is going on!
No professional likes to be second guessed by a lay person but if a passenger asked if the landing was hard I would hope that a professional would take the time to explain that although the landing may have been heavier than they had experienced previously that there was no danger. (Assuming a polite enquiry and ignoring realities such as turnaround time etc!)

Or if in command Iain would you prefer all the "know it all's" down the back keep quite having spotted say a loose inspection panel on a wing, smoke in a toilet or fellow passenger setting light to their shoes?

(Edited for spelink pistakes.)