PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IndiGo & taxes:
Thread: IndiGo & taxes:
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2014, 11:23
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have hired ex pats in India in a different field in the past and most times as in the case of many countries in the East the tax is paid or worked out by the company giving the worker a net in hand. The tax planning I talked about earlier with a consultant is basically on how to structure the salary with the employer to ensure which aspects of a salary are tax free or at a lower rate of tax. Indian taxation is not straight line and a lot of deductions are allowed as well as what is called "perks" being paid for by the company who then pays a service tax.

Most companies will have someone within the HR department who will structure your appointment letter based on this as well as the dual taxation treaty with India and your home country.

As said earlier on a salary of US$13,000 expect about a 26% or thereabouts tax deduction of which you will earn entire credit in your home country. If you are a US citizen and your tax bracket ends up being higher then you will have to deposit the differential with the IRS.....

I am sure there are a lot of ex pat pilots who have worked in India who will be able to guide you to the correct person to structure this for you.