PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2014, 01:33
Roadster280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Large plate of humble pie for Mr Roadster please.

Despite the very last post in this thread being by me, and extolling the virtues of BGE-ness and charcoal superiority, I fell by the wayside this weekend.

Mrs Roadster hath decreed that we shall clean the deck and backyard this weekend. On looking inside the Q120, it was utterly minging. Mr 2800psi Pressure Washer was brought to bear, and valiant though he was, he did not get the fooker clean enough. And to be honest, it was a bit **** anyway for a family meal.

So I scoured the land of BBQs and came upon the thing known as "Weber Genesis S-310". Not a 5-burner behemoth, but a 3-burner "small but cute" thing. I'd have had the enameled one, but Mrs R decreed that it shalt be stainless. And lo, it came to pass, and it is standing proud on our newly cleaned deck this fine evening.

It served us well, with cream of grilled asparagus soup, beef/pork/mushroom/bell pepper kebabs and maple glazed corn on the cob. Despite being the first run out, I did not burn nor undercook anything, and I find myself satisfied with this "gas" thing.

I can't help but feel dirty, and think perhaps I should go and sign out some female underwear, heels, lipstick & nail polish to complete the Iscariotism.

But then again, I do have two Big Green Eggs and a ****load of charcoal. So perhaps not just yet.