PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2014, 18:24
Danny42C

Brian 48nav,

Your: "Danny - I am amazed at the detail, particularly ATC equipment, that you can recall! When I retired I seemed to dump all that when I handed in my headset and ATC manuals at LHR".

All too soon I must disappoint you ! (see the way in which I've "chickened out" in my next - let copy 'n paste do the job for me) .....D.

Ian BB,

Tried Google with "Gujrat", says: "Did you mean Gujarat ?" But then it turns out that they are two different places, miles apart (this it seems, is now "disambiguation" - Come again ?).

Thought my knowledge of the subcontinent was pretty extensive, appears I have a lot to learn still (and that solves the problem of why they were going to "Gujarat" - they weren't !). Basal was a new one on me: looks to be not far from Peshawar (the VV OTU was there in my day, but never visited).....D.

Ormeside,

You seem to have had a life packed with excitement and adventure ! (but that's what we all signed up for, I suppose). Keep the stories coming, please !

All we old Sgt-Pilots achieved elevation to the Upper House in different ways. I got my Commission because my Boss was in a huff over the way the Wild Colonial Boys were being commissioned "over his head", and he reacted with: "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". No OCTU for me, it just "came up with the rations".

"You are here to get your posting?" "No I am going to Calshot" "Oh no you are not. Calshot has closed" ! Hasn't this happened to every single one of us in our time ! ......D.

Cheers, all. Danny