PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STBY RUD ON - B737 NG
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2014, 16:14
owl-attack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STBY RUD ON - B737 NG

Dear All

As per the FCTM the STBY RUD ON NNC the first line where it says - if the STBY RUD ON light has illuminated with no other flight deck indication or crew input - avoid large and abrupt rudder pedal movements. As per the FCTM this NNC is written for the FFM inadvertently activating and now 3 PCU's are powering the rudder, thus avoid large and abrupt rudder pedal movement

My question:
1. What will happen if large or abrupt rudder pedal movement is applied. Will the rudder break?

2. With STBY RUD ON light illuminated, and i verify and confirm that there is no loss of either hydraulic system , and thus the light has illuminated because of the FFM inadvertently activating - (because this is what the NNC is written for) Can I land on a runway with strong cross winds reported.
If you see the crosswind landing video below, I will surely have to kick in a lot of rudder after touch down.
But the STBY RUD ON NNC or FCTM does not specify anywhere that I should avoid landing with crosswinds, because large rudder inputs will be required.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P9OAng32F0

Thank you for inputs