PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANZ captain locks copilot out from cockpit?
Old 6th Jul 2014, 02:07
keep it level

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel CRM

CRM. hmmmm, Captain has responsibility for keeping the flight safe and it appears that his personal dissatisfaction (petty) with a late departure not of his F/O's intent due random testing is not grounds for not letting him back on the flight Deck or even having a beef with him. That in itself shows either a lack of professionalism in getting rattled by such a mediocre occurrence and not achieving OTP. Random testing is in essence an operational requirement demanded by the traveling public, regulatory bodies and the Airline. OTP comes secondary to safety.

The NZ Herald reports "This departure delay frustrated the Captain who prides himself on operational efficiency." This is at odds with the actions of the Captain and suggests a more pressing psychological issue with the Captain and if so I am sure many of his other First Officers would have experienced odd behavior.

So is this reported, Going by what I read and that the First Officer reported the event and has been hauled across the coals for doing so and criticised for completing his duties and taking a physiological toilet and movement break, I would suspect not as who wants to put themselves in his position simply by doing what is safe and right. A reporting culture is obviously not encouraged and blame apportioned to protect a Captain.

I would not want my family flying on a plane with that Captain.