PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 6th Jul 2014, 01:05
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
The problem CASA doesn't realise it's courting is deliberate non compliance.

When Regulation becomes too onerous and compliance becomes virtually impossible then at some point pilots and operators will decide that disobedience and hiding are cheaper.

At that point CASA faces an impossible task because it can't be everywhere at once. From anecdotal comments from pilots far more experienced than I am, this is already rife with medicals. It sounds to me that maintenance is going to go the same way shortly.

To put that another way, as a student I worked at a highly unionised chemical plant one summer; the first thing the leading hand taught me in reference to managers and foremen was "tell 'em nothing!". The truss review is the last chance to tell them anything. If nothing is done, communication by industry will be reduced to the bare minimum. Nothing will be reported. Safety issues won't be raised and a blind eye will be turned to events at every opportunity.

Grudging, minimal, compliance will be attempted as we descend to Third World standards.