PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2014, 23:57
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EMB-145LR
- Are the current payscales on PPJN.com accurate?
- What is average take home for FOs and Captains on each fleet?
- How good are the staff travel benefits, ZEDs etc?
- What is the average roster like? Lots of night-stopping, or can it be family friendly with plenty of nights at home? Bidding system, PBS, lines?
- What does the future hold? I know the rest of the 175 order was deferred, are there any plans to recommence deliveries at some point? Is the 195 fleet going to be completely retired?
- How long is the wait to transition from Q to EJet, and then from right seat to left?
1. As far as I can see the current payscales are about right

2. Difficult to put an average on it because the payscales climb on an annual basis and some bases nightstop more than others. I would say the average could be something like this:

Q400 FO - £35k
Q400 SFO - £45k
Q400 CP - £70k
EJET FO - £42k
EJET SFO - £52k
EJET CP - £77k

There's far too many variables to be accurate.

3. Staff Travel benefits? They are ok, that's it. After 4 years service you get 2 free firms per year, but you cannot book them in peak times and you can only book them within a month of your departure. This doesn't actually make them free firms, but more like another set of standby tickets.

4. Average roster? Depends what base you work from. If you work from BHX, MAN or EXT then you are going to nightstop a hell of alot. MAN is particularly bad and EXT is about to get a whole lot worse come the Winter. Other bases should see you in your own bed for the majority of a roster period.
Forget bidding for particular lines of work, it won't happen.

5. The future looks very bright. Lots of expansion. The E195 fleet is being retired come the winter schedule but I think there's plans to maybe keep 2-3 flying. The bottom line is the E195s are looking to be completely withdrawn from service. The E175s on order which were deferred are to recommence delivery in 2016 provided they cannot be offloaded in the meantime. There's alot of rumours about Airbuses and ATRs etc but this should be treated as just that - a rumour. Nothing official has come from the company yet and I am sure we'll be the second people to know behind the city. We are a public company afterall.

6. All promotions go in this order:

Start on the Q400 as an FO
Q400 FO/SFO to EJET FO/SFO
EJET or Q400 FO/SFO to Q400 Captain
Q400 Captain to EJET Captain.

As for the time to each, well again it is very much dependant on alot of variables. At a best guess I would put the timescale down to something like this:

Q400 FO to EJET FO - 4 to 5 years and climbing
Q400/EJET FO to Q400 Captain - 4 to 5 years
Q400 Captain to EJET Captain - 8 to 10 years and climbing

I hope this helps a little.