PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2014, 23:51
SLFgeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MG23
I suspect this is one of the reasons for believing the aircraft was intentionally disappeared, as it's consistent with someone turning the power back on shortly after they knew they'd be out of radar range. I believe someone mentioned a few thousand posts back that the SATCOM terminal is on the same power bus as some other communication equipment, so turning off the power to that bus would turn all that equipment off.
This is the kind of statement that bothers me. If the purposed individual turned off the power bus to make the aircraft invisible (as much as theoretically possible), why bother turning it back on at all ? What's the point ?

Was there something else that they needed active that required turning it back on, or was someone on flight deck randomly reseting CBs trying to get things back on and working.

Also, how would a pilot who normally flies with ADS enabled (for SSR) even know the precise range of that PSR ? Did enabling the power bus cause the ADS to become active again as well ?

Various drawings suggest that that the T7 has dual pairs of SATCOM antennas, mounted on either side of the hull (but near the top). I'm more inclined to wonder if changing course caused the re-establishment of SATCOM, than power being restored.