PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Top of the World: photos from Nepal
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2014, 01:24
Vertical Freedom

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Angel Coffee time

Hey DoT
Flying at those low speeds is very common here & a very important speed to know & to keep nailed. The key to that is to ignore the (wrong) concept of attitude = airspeed, this will one day lead to spatial disorientation & wrong inputs. The ASI must only ever be used as the 'stick position' indicator, don't look outside for speed, instead ask yourself - 'what speed do I want?' Now look at the ASI & adjust the stick position accordingly. Never rely on your outside sight picture to adjust speed with mountains, valleys & never ending horizon changes the sight picture is the wrong concept to adjust speed. Rely exclusively & only on the ASI to select the correct stick position as for the Missus, it's OK she will keep reminding me till it sinks it I think
............................................................ .......................
Hey surely not
Thanks Mate hmmmmm the camera crew who came ordered a B3 chin mounting plate of course there is a 350 & 206 - B3 but they wrongly bought the 206 mount. So we were stuck with using the JetBox we were going to scrap the project but I said I was keen for the challenge, so we did it; into the Western Khumb up to 22,200' probably a record for the olé Banger yes it was marginal, but so is most flying up here

Land Happy always