PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Aftermath
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2014, 23:54
FODPlod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Old Fat One
...And if you did a little research (doubtful on here I know) you would discover that the incumbent Foreign Secretary in the 1970's is on record as saying that (and I quote as best I can)

"If Britain ever ends up having to defend the Falkland Islands militarily, it will be a national disaster"

I stand by my remarks. Standing up against military aggression...yep well done (I have the medal, with clasp...have you??)
On a point of order:
Originally Posted by Gov UK website
No clasp issued though a rosette was awarded to be worn on the ribbon for those who served for one day between 2 Apr and 14 Jun 1982 within certain specified geographical boundaries...
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
...The rosette remains an unusual feature for a British medal and was used in this case because otherwise fewer than two hundred medals would have been issued to the Royal Air Force. The vast majority of the medals were issued with a rosette whereas over 90% of the medals issued to the Royal Air Force are without the rosette and thus rarer, the recipients having been stationed on Ascension Island, some 3,300 nmi (6,100 km) north of the Falkland Islands and the war zone...