PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2014, 20:31
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worlds worst rumour.

As is my wont, I had a quiet one with P7 a.k.a. TOM last evening; it's the only time in a long time I didn't enjoy my ale. He was generous enough to buy the first and allow me the pleasure of it, all was well until round two turned up.

TOM: " Sorry mate, but I'm going to ruin your day".

K: "Oh aye". (anticipating for some pawky, humorous gambit).

TOM " Yup, DOLAN is to be reappointed to ATSB, seems they are going to pass it off as an 'interim' measure, until the stench dissipates; then, make it for the full five years". "It's whispered that if the TSBC report is just 'not too bad', he's in."

Happily, TOM had the grace not to speak until my ale was on the bar top; so no spillage or choking, I just stood there, like one o'clock half struck staring at it. Eventually -

K: " Nah, your pulling my leg", says I more in hope than belief, "Shirley not".

TOM: "'tis but a rumour at this stage" says he, quietly and kindly "but it's on the cards, why don't we wait and see, finish that and I'll get us another, there's a good lad".

Well, it spoiled my evening, even got beaten at darts (Blind Freddy); it seemed to be a long walk home, the battered Nav bag heavier than usual as I contemplated another five years of ATSB reports from the parsimonious, incredibly flawed source. IMO Dolan should have resigned after Pel Air: any honourable man would have done so, from shame. The only bright spot is that I no longer have to read the published drivel; nope I can just ignore it.

If this very ugly rumour is proven true, we are in a hole, a very deep one. What is this minuscule saying to us? Gee whiz, I hope it's just a rumour; but expect the worst and hope for the best won't work if this is aberration is foisted on industry. It was bad enough before, but now with reappointment tacitly approving past behaviour, in the words of the bard – "we're Farked". Well and truly, for all money.

A prayer to a pagan god – please don't let happen, please don't let it be true. etc. etc.....

Sotto voce - Toot.