PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question about the safety briefing and the guide lights
Old 4th Jul 2014, 17:17
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't see the need to if I'm honest. Ryanair used to not sure if they did. It is pretty self explanatory - follow the lights to an exit. The safety card shows them quite nicely.Besides I can never see them from the window seat when they are being demonstrated. Never seen it done on an airbus - perhaps it is not possible. Been a long time since I looked at a forward attendant panel.

Actually - it is possible to do this using the hard keys on the FAP on the A32S I've just checked an old manual but it is not an SOP to do this at my airline and seemingly not on any over A32S operator I've flown with. It is a guarded switch and CC1 is at the front for the demo so technically they could but there must be reason for not. Personally I think it better to have one crew member at the front and rear of the cabin maintaining situational awareness during the demo and not fiddling with switches whilst there are two crew in the cabin doing a manual demo.

Last edited by fa2fi; 4th Jul 2014 at 17:24. Reason: Checked Manuals