PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SKYWEST Airlines said yesterday...
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2003, 22:03
Xeptu

Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts
Well!!! It must be time to add my two bobs worth. I read this thread with more than a passing interest. I have been around for long enough and know all the principle players that this thread refers, that is except GT.

No offence GT but I have noticed that you never seem to miss an opportunity to blow wind up BM’s arse, such, that I reckon it would be a fair guess that you two would have to be mates. If this is the case, then you need to ask yourself, are you able to write unbiasedly?

I have personally been in battle with BM and WS too, for comparible arguments sake (WS, one of the founding directors of NJS) I can tell you that both these individuals in their day were very dynamic, sharp businessmen. I would say WS had the edge by a good margin. He would have been the most dynamic, probably the best I had seen in that era and indeed it was a privilege to have been a part of it. I don’t want to take anything away from either of these individuals, they were good in their day but that was nearly 20 years ago and like all great fires, eventually burn out.

I’m sorry to have to say, but BM has been away too long, his style unchanged. I liken him to a 70’s rock star making a come back wearing the same outfit, singing the same songs. It was never going to work.

SH (new CEO of XR) however, is a good man and shows all the signs of being a great CEO, he’s sharp and can dance to the music in today’s market. Naturally, as in any business there may be weakness in some areas, but that’s to be expected, show me a company without them. I am confident he will be good for XR and will deliver.

Finally, lets not forget the staff, there are a lot of good people in there and they deserve some respect in this very demanding time.

While I’m on the topic of staff, my regards to those at REX, you guys appear to be doing well, my heartiest congratulations. Well done!!!