PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2014, 06:06
lvflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update on my previous thread concerning the rotors turning without being engaged. In the middle of my first annual of this Enstrom I discovered the belt drive system was not rigged properly. It was so bad that any mechanic doing a proper annual would have seen problems had they removed the seat as required. For 7 years this helicopter was out of rigging on the collective as well as the belt drive engagement. As it was the belt could not be disengaged all the way because the clevis was actually hitting and cracking the shield around the engagement lever and, if you know anything about the rigging the top bracket was not parallel with the pylon as it should have been. The clearance between the threaded rod and the spacer was almost an inch when it should have been 1/16 to an 1/8. Obvious issues. Now we have to clean it all and test run it to see that in fact took care of the rotor continuing to turn at 100RPM at idle while disengaged.

I need some advice of some corrosion. Below are some pics of my rotor head. Other than just use some scotchbrite on the corrosion is there anything else I should do?

More pictures are available at www.dahome.net/enstrom.htm

Last edited by lvflyer; 16th Mar 2015 at 23:17.