PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham drops Nats
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2014, 04:59
Nimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one thing I have ever worked out about an ATC contract is what the staff do, and what they surely could possibly do.

Yes their terms and conditions are TUPE'd across to the new employer, but I believe these are just valid for a year.Now the new ATC provider needs those controllers to run the operation.

Personally if I was among the group of controllers staying at Birmingham I would be trying to organise a cohesive bunch that stick together and demand new terms and conditions, such as payment for every new controller we train and validate.

I know there will be rules and regulations concerning industrial action allowed etc, however the bottom line is the new company need you, the airport can't run without controllers, so stand up for yourselves.

If that means you don't train any new recruits then be prepared to do that and fight, the terms and conditions could be the best in the country, if controllers stick together.

If on day 1 no planes land or depart from Birmingham this will make the news and the new company's share price takes a hit!!!

Or perhaps I am just living in a little bubble and the reality is it doesn't work like that, anyone care to enlighten me?