PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 3rd Jul 2014, 22:23
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Kharon said!!

Nail on the head "K" and sort of runs in line with many of the comments on the CVDPA petition (sign HERE by the way..) e.g.

"...I have never understood why CASA or anyone else is allowed to arbitrarily discriminate against people with CVD without having to prove what it is that they supposedly can't do. Having dealt with CASA over many years, I find this type of arrogant behaviour typical of an outfit that does not deserve the term 'organisation'..."

Perhaps the next minority group to come under the (playing at God) PMO's scrutiny, is highlighted in his summary of the 85th Annual Aerospace Medical Association Conference held in sunny San Diego May 2014...

...which it seems he has already hand balled to Flying Fiend and his bloodnut mate...

Next potential victim(s): Then, as I earlier predicted, the next minority group to possibly cop a pineapple is highlighted in this PMO (PAG) boxed statement:

This joker has got to be stopped...

Moving on...

ausdoc don't bother chasing down that CAMI paper mate, cause I've found it.. (link HERE).

Now I can see with 20:20 hindsight where all this concern on CVD is coming from, the following almost perfectly replicates Creamy's ausdoc quote at post #334:
Given the increased usage of color in cockpit displays, it is highly likely that, for pilots, the LED PAPI task (although a critical task) is not the most demanding color discrimination task that pilots will face; and therefore, the usefulness of these screening tests for determining whether the pilot possesses the requisite color vision ability for other tasks, including tasks involving multi-colored LEDs, should not be based on the validity of the tests for predicting performance on this red vs. white LED task.
Hmm...well at least LED lights don't appear to exacerbate the problem...

MTF...