PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Staff Travel - who is eligible?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2014, 21:21
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
........ and to give you that privilege BA have kicked out from Staff Travel the Oldies who long helped create the airline that your brother now has the privilege of working for.

Don't anyone keep repeating that S.T. is only a "concession" that can be withdrawn at any time, I knew that in 1958 when I signed up for a promise of S.T. for life in retirement, I'd be willing to forego the new benefits if I could keep that which I was promised - and worked for. Barstewards.

You can nominate two people, and change them every six months.
Are you sure about that? I thought you could only nominate one person.
Hand Solo is correct.
I too thought it was only 1 person, but that might be for the retired - now known as Former Staff - but I'm away from home and can't check my files, and anyway I only have access to the rules for Former Staff anyway, and am now barred from the ESS site to check.

If still serving staff can indeed take 2 "travel companions" and change them every 6 months, that's worse than I thought, assuming a career from - say - mid-twenties to retirement age of 65, that's some 40 years, which could potentially amount to some 160 people who have done absolutely NOTHING towards the interest or welfare of BA, and to accommodate them you have kicked out those of us who at least contributed to the present day success of BA.

Double barstewards.

Last edited by ExSp33db1rd; 5th Jul 2014 at 18:59.