PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2014, 17:57
CI54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A slightly different perspective.

Training is the hardest part of Saudia, but it can also be quite fun. The training I had on the A330 was the best I've ever had in my career. The trainers had high expectation and as long as you are willing to learn and improve, they'll give you the time. Just don't BS them. If you don't know, just admit and try find the info for the the next session.

Over here, patience and respect brings you many benefits. If you are patient, you'll find many friends here. The Arabs love being a good host. They take pride in that. Just don't abuse it and they will try to accommodate as much as they can.

Mileage varies here. Some love it, some don't. If small things get to your nerve, there are plenty to prick your nerve. Big picture is you're in a foreign land with foreign culture. I looked at it as an adventure. Getting lost driving in the middle of Jeddah with lots of kamikaze drivers was an experience of a lifetime. Sort of missed that feeling.

The payoff is when they give you the star. After that life is beautiful. Saudis are respectful if you show them respect and with a star on the shoulder, they'll give you some latitude. That is as far as my experience so far...